ABOUT THE CCW SAFE DEFENDER PLAN
NOTE: The states of New York (NY), New Jersey (NJ) and Washington (WA) do not allow coverage for self-defense incidents. Law enforcement officials only in NY are eligible for coverage.
The CCW Safe Defender Plan provides coverage for Concealed Carry Permit holders pursuant to any criminal, civil or administrative legal action stemming from a self-defense incident. This plan is non-transferrable. The Primary member must either have a resident or non-resident concealed carry permit, not substitutable by a Firearms Owner Identification card (FOID card). All permits must remain valid during the membership coverage period.
The Primary member will be covered to the level of a $500K bond for all legal use of force responses to life-threatening attacks at their home, inside their vehicle, in any location where it is legal to carry in public, or on premises where possession of a firearm is not illegal (all legal weapons covered). A spouse and all family members under the age of 18 years old who reside at the home of the Primary member and who are not legally prohibited from possessing a firearm, shall be covered at no additional cost for incidents occurring inside the residence ONLY. Coverage for these individuals is provided up to a $250K bond level.
Benefits of the CCW Safe Defender Plan:
- Access to our 24-hour Emergency Hotline
- Critical Response Team onsite response
- Bail coverage to $500K
- Vetting of attorneys by National Trial Counsel
- Unlimited attorney fees covered upfront
- Unlimited investigation fees covered upfront
- Unlimited expert witness fees covered upfront
- All trial costs covered upfront
- Firearm replacement during trial
- Coverage for spouse and children under 18 (in-home only)
- Up to $250/day loss-of-wages during criminal or civil trial
- Licensed counseling coverage up to 10 sessions (or $1,500)
- Crime-scene cleanup in-home up to $3K (only if needed and other benefits or services that are standard with all plans)
- Appeals and expungement coverage of costs
Add-ons available for the CCW Safe Defender Plan include spouse coverage for an additional $100; up to $1 million bail coverage for an additional $50; and dedicated civil liability coverage up to $1 million for an additional $220.
Other Member Benefits Include:
- Digital Membership Cards: Members do not receive plastic cards or packets; however, membership status can be immediately digitally transferred to smartphones upon plan purchase. Membership verification can also be printed and carried in wallet.
- Access to 24-hour Emergency Hotline: Emergency calls are answered by a live agent 24 hours/day, 365 days/year. Callers are immediately connected to an attorney, ensuring that the member has access to instantaneous legal support.
- Access to Online Content and Instructional/Educational Videos: Members are provided access to current weekly content directly applicable to concealed carry. CCW Safe publishes two free e-newsletters per week, available only to members who opt in for receipt.
The Buyer acknowledges that they are not a legally prohibited person regarding permission to carry. Misrepresentation on the part of a prohibited person carrying a concealed weapon or violating any state or federal law barring their right to possess a firearm, will result in forfeiture of their membership with no refund of prior payments to CCW Safe.
The Defender Plan is an annual membership, with coverage in effect for one year. This plan is a recurring subscription membership, with options for either yearly or monthly payments. Members choosing to pay via check using the mail-in form should mail payment five (5) days prior to their anniversary date. Monthly memberships require that members agree to pay monthly fees for at least one year to complete annual membership.
Civil damage coverage is not included in the CCW Safe Defender Plan and must be added. Additional bond coverage and coverage for an additional permit carrier outside the home may also be added during checkout/payment.
RESTRICTIONS - THE DEFENDER PLAN WILL NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING:
- Force used against other family members
- Force used against people who are in member's house with permission or by invitation, excluding servicemen, delivery, contractors, etc...
- Any force that is not in self-defense
- Restrictions listed in Terms of Service
CCW Safe encourages all prospective members to review our Terms of Service. Note that our company is a legal service subscription plan - not an insurance company - and we are therefore not bound to conflicts and issues related to insurance company products. CCW Safe is designed to indemnify the expenses arising from a covered incident, regardless of the final trial outcome.
With 100% upfront costs coverage provided pursuant to the contracted plan, there are no out-of-pocket expenses for our members. CCW Safe Plans are not reimbursement packages, and no repayment to our company by the member is owed, despite how any legal action is settled. Membership plan annual fees are the sole financial responsibility of each member. By these means, our company strives to protect and serve the best interests of our members should they be faced with a "Recognized Self-Defense Use of Force Incident."
CCW Safe appreciates the need for protection of all citizens practicing their legal right to self-defense guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment. In unfortunate and unforeseen instances requiring firearm self-defense or a critical use of force, our members receive the upfront financial support they require; high-quality legal counsel, including experienced advice on investigative, evidentiary and legal issues; invaluable peer support by others legally authorized to carry; and the reassurance of timely involvement by our dedicated Crisis Response Team.
Digital Membership Cards- We do not send out plastic cards or packets. You can immediately save your digital membership card to your phone after purchase, or you can print out your membership card to carry in your wallet.
Access to 24- hour Emergency Hotline- Your emergency calls will be answered by a live agent 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. Your call will immediately be patched through to an attorney, and you will have access to immediate legal support.
Access to Online Content and Videos- We provide our members with weekly content that is directly applicable to concealed carry. We only send out 2 newsletters a week, and you must opt in to receive our free newsletters.