- Immediate provision of a digital membership card (Plastic card and challenge coin mailed to members within 2-4 weeks).
- Access to 24-hour Emergency Hotline: Emergency calls are answered by a live agent 24 hours/day, 365 days/year. Calls are immediately connected to an attorney, ensuring that all members have access to instantaneous legal support.
- Access to Online Content and Instructional/Educational Videos: Members are provided access to current weekly content directly applicable to concealed carry. We do not spam, but send out free e-newsletters. Newsletters are only sent upon member opt-in.
The Buyer acknowledges that they are not a prohibited person and meet the criteria detailed below to carry under HR218. Misrepresentation on the part of a person prohibited from carrying a concealed weapon or violating any state or federal law barring their possession of a firearm, will result in their membership being forfeited with no refund of prior payments to CCW Safe. If they are subsequently found ineligible for HR218, the subscription will be changed to the appropriate non-discounted plan and the price difference charged accordingly.
Coverage outside the home and civil liability protection for your spouse are not included and may be added during checkout if desired. Additional bond coverage for a spouse can also be added at this time.
Requirements for HR218:
Active and retired law enforcement officers qualify for HR218. According to the wording of HR218, the Law Enforcement Officers' Safety Act, signed into law by President George W. Bush on July 22, 2004, "qualified retired law enforcement officer" is defined as an individual who:
- Has separated from service in good standing with a government agency as a law enforcement officer for an aggregate of ten (10) years or more or separated from such an agency due to a service-connected disability after completing any applicable probationary period of such service.
- Was authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or the incarceration of any person for any violation of law.
- Had statutory powers of arrest or apprehension under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
- Is not under the influence of alcohol or another intoxicating or hallucinatory drug or substance; and is not prohibited by Federal law from possessing a firearm.
In addition to carrying the photographic identification issued by the agency for which they were employed or were separated, the qualified retired law enforcement officer must also carry documentation which certifies that they have met, within the most recent twelve-month period, the active duty law enforcement standards for qualification for a firearm of the same type as the one they intend to carry.
RESTRICTIONS - THE HR218 PLAN WILL NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING:
*Force used against another family member
*Force used against guests who are in a member's house with permission or by invitation
*Any force that is not in self-defense
*On-duty or security-related assignments/jobs
*Accidental shooting incidents
*Children 18 years or older
*Use of force following an intentional criminal act (e.g. felonies such as robbery, burglary, assault, etc.)
*Restrictions listed in Terms of Service
WHY CHOOSE CCW SAFE?
CCW Safe is a legal service plan and not an insurance company. We accept the burden of expenses related to defending a member in cases of firearm self-defense or critical use of force incidents. CCW Safe works to safeguard the Constitutional 2nd Amendment rights of members by providing associated financial support; experienced, highly vetted counsel on legal, investigative and evidentiary issues; invaluable peer support; and the reassurance of timely action by our dedicated Crisis Response Team, who respond to the location of our members for immediate assistance on the occasion of what is frequently the most stressful event in their entire life.
CCW Safe is free from conflicts and issues related to insurance company products because we are designed to indemnify the expenses arising from the incident and not the outcome of a trial. Our plans are not reimbursement packages, and regardless of how any legal action is resolved, there is no money owed back by the member to CCW Safe.
Learn more about our company and core priorities, including commitment and dedication to our objectives, decades of invaluable experience, expert leadership and concern for our members.