The best protection
for those with a concealed carry permit.
The Defender Plan provides coverage for Concealed Carry Permit holders pursuant to any criminal, civil or administrative legal action stemming from a self-defense incident. The plan provides up front payment for all covered expenses so there is no out-of-pocket costs for the member.
NOTE: The states of New York (NY), New Jersey (NJ) and Washington (WA) do not allow coverage for self-defense incidents. Law enforcement officials only in NY are eligible for coverage.
Prospective members must have a valid resident concealed carry permit or a non-resident concealed carry permit and the permit MUST remain valid during the membership coverage period.
Firearms Owner Identification (FOID) cards are NOT acceptable for this plan.
Benefits of the CCW Safe Defender Plan
No Caps, No out of pocket
Critical Response Team on Staff
Industry’s Highest Coverage Amounts
Deep Legal Expertise
- Access to our 24-hour Emergency Hotline
- Onsite response by Critical Response Team
- Vetting of attorneys by National Trial Counsel
- No cap on attorney fees (covered upfront)
- No cap on investigation fees (covered upfront)
- No cap on expert witness fees (covered upfront)
- All Criminal and Civil trial costs (covered upfront)
- Bond included up to $1 million for Primary (add-ons optional)
- Civil Trial Costs Covered Even if Found Guilty in a Criminal Trial
- Red Flag Law up to $5K
- Firearm Replacement if Applicable (See Terms)
- Up to $750/day loss-of-wages during criminal or civil trial
- Up to 10 Licensed Professional Counseling Sessions (up to $1,500)
- Up to $15,000 reimbursement for funeral expenses of a covered member killed during a self-defense incident
- Crime-scene cleanup, if needed, in-home up to $3K
- Appeals and expungement coverage of costs
- Costs related to court sanctioned monitoring devices through the last day of related trial
The CCW Safe Defender Plan provides coverage for Concealed Carry Permit holders pursuant to any criminal, civil or administrative legal action stemming from a self-defense incident.
A self-defense incident is any incident where force is used pursuant to a reasonable belief that use of deadly force is necessary to protect from imminent danger of death or great bodily harm. This includes any necessary force with ALL legal weapons and physical force to defend against a life-threatening attack in self-defense.
The Defender Plan is an annual membership with coverage for one year.
This is a recurring subscription membership, with yearly or monthly payment options.
New members receive a physical membership card about three weeks after their join date. Members can print and or immediately download a digital membership card to an Android or iPhone from their account at any time.
This plan is non-transferrable.
The Primary member will be covered to the level of a $1 Million bond for all recognized use of force responses to life-threatening attacks when there is admissible evidence of a self defense claim (all weapons covered). The primary member and spouse is covered in all states except NJ, NY and WA. See our Terms of Service for additional information.
The spouse and all children under the age of 18 years old who reside at the residence of the Primary member and who are not prohibited from possessing a firearm, will be covered, at no additional cost, to the level of a $250K bond for all recognized use of force responses to life-threatening attacks occurring INSIDE THE RESIDENCE ONLY.
Children 18 years or older who reside at the residence of the primary member must have their own membership plan.
Bond coverage can be increased up to $1.5 Million for the primary member and spouse by selecting the additional coverage add-on for each member.
Other Member Benefits Include
Digital Membership Cards
Membership status can be immediately digitally transferred to smartphones upon plan purchase. Membership verification can also be printed and carried in wallet.
24-hour Emergency Hotline
Emergency calls are answered by a live agent 24 hours/day, 365 days/year. Callers are immediately connected to an attorney, ensuring that the member has access to instantaneous legal support.
Online Educational Content
Access to Online Content and Instructional/Educational Videos: Members are provided access to current weekly content directly applicable to concealed carry. CCW Safe publishes two free e-newsletters per week, available only to members who opt in.