The best protection
for active, retired and former law enforcement officers.
The HR218 Plan was developed specifically for active, retired and former law enforcement officers who meet the requirements for the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (LEOSA), also known as HR218. This plan covers any criminal, civil or administrative legal action stemming from a self-defense incident occurring while OFF-DUTY, and includes $1,000,000 Civil Liability coverage, and $1,000,000 Bond coverage.
NOTE: The states of New York (NY), New Jersey (NJ) and Washington (WA) do not allow coverage for self-defense incidents. Active and retired law enforcement officials only in NY are eligible for coverage.
The CCW Safe HR218 Plan was developed specifically for active, retired and former law enforcement officers who meet the requirements for the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (LEOSA), also known as HR218.
Active and retired law enforcement officers qualify for HR218. According to the wording of HR218, the Law Enforcement Officers’ Safety Act, signed into law by President George W. Bush on July 22, 2004, a “qualified retired law enforcement officer” is defined as an individual who:
- Has separated from service in good standing with a government agency as a law enforcement officer for an aggregate of ten (10) years or more or separated from such an agency due to a service-connected disability after completing any applicable probationary period of such service.
- Was authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or the incarceration of any person for any violation of law.
- Had statutory powers of arrest or apprehension under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
- Is not under the influence of alcohol or another intoxicating or hallucinatory drug or substance; and is not prohibited by Federal law from possessing a firearm.
In addition to carrying the photographic identification issued by the agency for which they were employed or were separated, the qualified retired law enforcement officer must also carry documentation which certifies that they have met, within the most recent twelve-month period, the active duty law enforcement standards for qualification for a firearm of the same type as the one they intend to carry.
The following occupations DO NOT qualify for this plan: EMTs, Firefighters, Emergency workers that are not LE, Correction Officers (that are not under LEOSA), Security guards, Paid or Volunteer Security officers, Bond Agents, Body Guards, Firearms Instructors, or any other person that does not fall under the definition of “Qualified law enforcement officer” through federal LEOSA guidelines.
Benefits of the CCW Safe HR218 Plan
No Caps, No out of pocket
Critical Response Team on Staff
Industry’s Highest Coverage Amounts
Deep Legal Expertise
- Access to our 24-hour Emergency Hotline
- Multi-state coverage
- Onsite response by Critical Response Team
- Vetting of attorneys by National Trial Counsel
- No cap on attorney fees (covered upfront)
- No cap on investigation fees (covered upfront)
- No cap on expert witness fees (covered upfront)
- All Criminal and Civil trial costs (covered upfront)
- Bond included up to $1 million for Primary
- Civil Trial Costs Covered Even if Found Guilty in a Criminal Trial
- Red Flag Law up to $5K
- Firearm Replacement if Applicable (See Terms)
- Up to $250/day loss-of-wages during criminal or civil trial
- Up to 10 Licensed Professional Counseling Sessions (up to $1,500)
- Crime-scene cleanup, if needed, in-home up to $3K
- Appeals and expungement coverage of costs
- A plastic membership card, and a challenge coin for first time members only
Add-ons available for the CCW Safe HR218 Plan include spouse coverage outside of home for an additional $100; up to $1 million bail coverage for your spouse for an additional $50; and dedicated civil liability coverage for your spouse up to $1 million for an additional $220.
The HR218 Plan covers any criminal, civil or administrative legal action stemming from a self-defense incident occurring while OFF-DUTY. Security or other secondary jobs are not protected under this plan.
A self-defense incident is any incident where force is used pursuant to a reasonable belief that use of deadly force is necessary to protect from imminent danger of death or great bodily harm. This includes any necessary force with ALL legal weapons and physical force to defend against a life-threatening attack in self-defense.
The HR218 Plan is an annual membership with coverage for one year.
This is a recurring subscription membership, with only the option to pay yearly.
A plastic membership card, and a challenge coin are supplied to first-time members only at no additional cost and will be sent by USPS and may take up to 3 weeks for delivery, however, membership status can be printed and or immediately downloaded digitally to smartphones upon plan purchase.
This plan is non-transferrable.
The Primary member will be covered up to the level of a $1 Million bond for all legal use of force responses to life-threatening attacks at their residence, inside their vehicle, any place where it is legal to carry a concealed firearm or legal to carry open without a license in public (including locations applicable under HR218 or where permits are honored), or on-premises where possession of a firearm is not illegal or prohibited by the property owner where it carries no unlawful charge after leaving when being asked. The primary member is covered in all states except NJ and WA.
The spouse and all children under the age of 18 years old who reside at the residence of the Primary member and who are not legally prohibited from possessing a firearm, will be covered, at no additional cost, to the level of a $250K bond for all legal use of force responses to life-threatening attacks occurring INSIDE THE RESIDENCE ONLY, in all states except NJ, NY, and WA.
Children 18 years or older who reside at the residence of the primary member must have their own membership plan.
Bond and coverage area can be increased for the spouse for incidents occurring in 47 states to up to $500,000.00 by selecting the additional spouse coverage add-on, and bond can be increased up to $1 Million for the spouse by selecting the additional coverage add-on.
Other Member Benefits Include
Membership status can be immediately digitally transferred to smartphones upon plan purchase. Membership verification can also be printed and carried in wallet.
24-hour Emergency Hotline
Emergency calls are answered by a live agent 24 hours/day, 365 days/year. Callers are immediately connected to an attorney, ensuring that the member has access to instantaneous legal support.
Online Educational Content
Access to Online Content and Instructional/Educational Videos: Members are provided access to current weekly content directly applicable to concealed carry. CCW Safe publishes two free e-newsletters per week, available only to members who opt in.